Attic antennas are a great option for those looking to improve their TV reception without the need for a bulky rooftop antenna. They are installed in the attic, out of sight and protected from the elements.
When it comes to using multiple TVs with an attic antenna, it’s important to choose one that is powerful enough to reach all the TVs and has enough output ports for a signal splitter. Some popular options for attic antennas for multiple TVs include the Antennas Direct ClearStream 4MAX and the Mohu Sky 60.
These antennas are known for their strong reception and ability to cover a wide area, making them a great choice for homes with multiple TVs.
5 Best Attic Antennas for Multiple TVs
1. RCA Compact Outdoor or Attic Yagi TV Antenna
The RCA Compact Outdoor or Attic Yagi TV Antenna is a powerful and versatile option for those looking to improve their TV reception. With a super long 75-mile range, this antenna can pick up a wide variety of channels from VHF and UHF stations.
Whether you’re looking to watch your favorite network programming on channels like CBS, NBC, FOX, or ABC, this antenna has you covered. It is a great complement to streaming players and a dependable backup source when storms knock out cable or satellite.
This antenna is built to withstand tough outdoor conditions, with durable construction and materials that ensure superior reception, whether it’s mounted outside or in the attic.
The easy-lock fold-out UHF reflector and snap-lock elements make installation a breeze, and the antenna comes with a mast, locking mast clamp, mounting hardware, and a 75-ohm matching transformer (coax cable sold separately).
With the ability to receive TV broadcasts in 4K, 8K, and 1080p HDTV, this antenna delivers the highest-quality picture and sound. The RCA Signal Finder app is a free digital compass that guides you to the most high definition channels and aligns your antenna perfectly.
So whether you’re looking for free access to top-rated programming or dependable backup during storms, the RCA Compact Outdoor or Attic Yagi TV Antenna is an excellent choice.
- Can receive TV broadcasts in 4K, 8K and 1080p HDTV for high-quality picture and sound
- Has a range of up to 70+ miles from broadcast towers
- Durable construction and materials can withstand tough outdoor conditions
- Easy installation with pre-assembled design and included mounting hardware
- Coax cable must be purchased separately
- May not be able to receive all channels in some areas with weak signals.
2. GE Attic Mount HD Digital TV Antenna
The GE Attic Mount HD Digital TV Antenna is a powerful and versatile option for those looking to improve their TV reception without the need for expensive cable or satellite services.
This 4K Ultra HD-ready antenna is designed for use with all brands of TVs and converter boxes, providing clear reception of HDTV, VHF, and UHF channels up to 60 miles from the broadcast source.
The compact and out-of-sight attic mount design makes installation easy and convenient, and the included mounting hardware and instructions ensure that even those with little DIY experience can set it up with ease.
The weather-resistant construction allows you to install the antenna either indoors or outdoors, providing maximum flexibility and reliability.
The GE AttIC mount HD digital TV Antenna is also compatible with the NEXTGEN TV (ATSC 3.0) broadcast standard, which provides superior picture and sound quality, stronger broadcast signal, premium audio, richer color, faster refresh rates, and optional integration with your internet service for additional features.
- Cut the cord and continue viewing local shows in full 1080p high definition at no cost
- Provides clear reception of HDTV, VHF and UHF channels up to 60 miles from the broadcast source
- Mounting hardware and instructions included for easy installation
- NEXTGEN TV (ATSC 3.0) compatible
- GE is America’s #1 antenna brand and offers a limited-lifetime replacement pledge and free technical support
- Could have a weak signal if placed in a poor location or if the broadcast source is farther than 60 miles away.
- Design only supports attic-mounting, but may not be ideal for outdoor usage.
3. Antennas Direct 8-Element Bowtie TV Antenna
The Antennas Direct 8-Element Bowtie TV Antenna, Model DB8-E, is a high-performance, multi-directional antenna designed for both indoor and outdoor use. With a range of up to 70 miles, this antenna is capable of picking up a wide variety of TV channels and providing a clear, stable signal.
Made of durable aluminum, this antenna is built to withstand all types of weather conditions. The special bracket included allows you to adjust the position of the two panels and target broadcast towers in multiple directions, providing even greater flexibility.
This antenna is 4K ready, providing ultra-high definition picture quality, and it has an adjustable mast clamp which makes it easy to install. The beam angle is 24.5 degree at 470 MHz to 16.3 degree at 698 MHz, range is 70 miles.
The Antennas Direct 8-Element Bowtie TV Antenna is a great choice for anyone looking to improve their TV reception and enjoy a wide variety of channels without the need for a monthly subscription.
- Special brackets allow 2 antenna panels to target broadcast towers in multiple directions
- Great for outdoor & attic use
- Has a maximum range of 70 miles and supports up to 69 channels
- 4K ready, with all-weather mounting hardware and adjustable mast clamp
- The beam angle is 24.5 degree at 470 MHz to 16.3 degree at 698 MHz, which may not be suitable for certain areas
- The antenna is quite large, measuring 36 x 6 x 48 inches, which may be difficult to install in some attics or outdoor spaces.
4. Winegard Platinum Series HD7694P Long Range TV Antenna
The Winegard Platinum Series HD7694P Long Range TV Antenna is a high-performance outdoor/attic TV antenna that is perfect for those looking to improve their TV reception. With a range of 45 miles, it can receive both High-VHF and UHF digital TV signals with high gain on both frequencies for uninterrupted digital TV.
This antenna is precision-mounted for an ultra-efficient transfer of digital signals, making it a great choice for those who want to watch local news, weather, live sports, and all the top-rated shows for free with digital TV antenna.
The antenna is 4K Ultra-HD and ATSC 3.0 ready, which means it is capable of receiving 4K Ultra-HD signals where available and will be ready for the ATSC 3.0 transition, which will add even more features and content such as 3D television and higher frame rates.
The Winegard HD7694P is designed and built in the USA by Winegard, a leading US designer and manufacturer of quality TV antenna and signal reception equipment since 1954. The antenna comes in silver color and has an impedance of 75 Ohm.
The item dimensions are LxWxH 6.5 x 6.5 x 78 inches. To maximize the range and signal reliability, the antenna can be amplified with the Winegard Boost XT LNA-200.
- Long range up to 45 miles
- High gain on both VHF and UHF frequencies for uninterrupted digital TV
- 4K Ultra-HD ready and ATSC 3.0 ready for future proofing
- Manufactured by a leading US designer and manufacturer of quality TV antenna and signal reception equipment
- Requires an amplifier for maximum range and signal reliability
- Might require professional installation
- Limited to outdoor/attic use
- Big in size with dimensions of 6.5 x 6.5 x 78 inches
5. ANTOP UFO Amplified Rooftop/Attic/RV/Marine HDTV Antenna
The ANTOP UFO Amplified Rooftop/Attic/RV/Marine HDTV Antenna is a versatile outdoor antenna that is perfect for those who want to improve their TV reception with multiple TVs. With a maximum range of 65 miles, this omni-directional antenna can receive signals from all directions, eliminating the need for a remote control to rotate a traditional outdoor antenna.
This antenna comes with a 2-way coaxial signal splitter, allowing you to easily split the TV signal to 2 TVs. It also features ANTOP’s exclusive SmartPass Amplifier Technology, which uses an all-in-one design to provide the correct balance between short and long range reception. Additionally, it includes a built-in 4G filter to block 3G and 4G wireless signals for noise-free digital TV reception.
The ANTOP UFO Amplified Rooftop/Attic/RV/Marine HDTV Antenna is also UHF VHF enhanced, with a complete omni 360-degree coverage and an enhanced VHF/UHF range. This antenna also has a wing to strengthen VHF reception, assuring you more channel reception and less blind spots.
It comes with a 33ft coaxial cable and is UL certified. ANTOP offers 100% satisfaction with a 30-day money-back guarantee and a 12-month warranty.
- Ready to use for 2 TVs, including a 2-way coaxial signal splitter which allows you to split TV signals to 2 TVs.
- Omni-directional, receives signals from all directions without needing to rotate the antenna.
- SmartPass Amplifier technology offers a balance between short and long range reception and includes a built-in 4G filter to block wireless signals for noise-free reception.
- Enhanced UHF/VHF range and 360-degree coverage for more channel reception and less blind spots.
- 100% Quality Guarantee with UL certification, 30-day money back guarantee, and 12-month warranty.
- This is a rooftop antenna, so installation may be more difficult than an indoor or attic antenna.
- The maximum range of 65 miles may not be enough for those in rural areas with weaker signals.
How to Choose the right Attic Antennas for Multiple TVs
When choosing an attic antenna for multiple TVs, there are several key factors to consider to ensure you get the best reception and quality for your needs.
Consider the range of the antenna, which is the distance it can receive signals from. Make sure to choose an antenna with a range that covers your area and the channels you want to receive.
Make sure the antenna has enough output ports to connect to your signal splitter and to each of your TVs.
Consider whether you need an amplified antenna or not. Amplified antennas boost the signal, but can also introduce noise.
Directional or Omnidirectional
A directional antenna focuses the signal in a specific direction, while an omnidirectional antenna receives signals from all directions. Omnidirectional antennas are a better option if your area has multiple signal sources.
Ensure that the antenna is compatible with your TV’s tuner and that the coaxial cable length is adequate for your installation.
Quality and Warranty
Look for antennas that come with a warranty to ensure that you’re getting a high-quality product.
Research the brand reputation of the attic antenna you are interested in. This will give you a sense of the company’s history and customer satisfaction.
By considering these factors, you can make an informed decision and choose the right attic antenna for your multiple TV setup.
What is the best attic antenna for multiple TVs?
Some popular options for attic antennas for multiple TVs include the Antennas Direct ClearStream 4MAX and the Mohu Sky 60. These antennas are known for their strong reception and ability to cover a wide area, making them a great choice for homes with multiple TVs.
Can I use an attic antenna for multiple TVs?
Yes, you can use an attic antenna for multiple TVs. However, you will need to make sure the antenna has enough output ports for a signal splitter, which will allow you to split the signal to multiple TVs.
How do I split the signal from an attic antenna to multiple TVs?
To split the signal from an attic antenna to multiple TVs, you will need to use a signal splitter. This device connects to the output port of the antenna and splits the signal into multiple output ports, which can then be connected to each of your TVs.
How far can I expect an attic antenna to reach?
The range of an attic antenna can vary depending on the model and the area you live in. However, most attic antennas have a range of around 60-70 miles, which should be sufficient for most urban and suburban areas.
Do I need an amplified attic antenna for multiple TVs?
It depends on the strength of the signal in your area. If you live in a rural area with weaker signals, an amplified antenna may be necessary to boost the signal and provide a clear picture. However, if you live in an urban or suburban area with strong signals, a non-amplified antenna may be sufficient.
How do I install an attic antenna for multiple TVs?
Installing an attic antenna for multiple TVs is similar to installing a regular attic antenna. You will need to find a suitable location in the attic, mount the antenna, and run the coaxial cable(s) to your signal splitter and each of your TVs. It’s recommended to consult the manual provided by the manufacturer for specific instructions.
Attic antennas are a great option for those looking to improve their TV reception without the need for a bulky rooftop antenna. When choosing an attic antenna for multiple TVs, it is important to consider factors such as range, output ports, amplification, and compatibility.
Popular options for attic antennas for multiple TVs include the Antennas Direct ClearStream 4MAX and the Mohu Sky 60, which are known for their strong reception and ability to cover a wide area.
Additionally, it is also important to consider factors such as Quality and Warranty, Brand Reputation and the installation process. By considering these factors, you can make an informed decision and choose the right attic antenna for your multiple TV setup.